University and culture in Bologna
The University of Bologna is identified by many as the oldest university in Western Europe and, although this finding may be questioned, its importance in Italy and throughout Europe over the centuries has decreed as the seat of excellence that still to now attracts students from all over the world that animate the life of the city and continue the tradition of both humanistic and scientific studies.
The main street of University is Via Zamboni, a few meters from the Best Western Hotel San Donato position that allows you to endorse the historic homes and museums related directly to feet.
Between the University buildings not to be missed are:
- Palazzo Malvezzi de' Medici at number 13,
- Palazzo Magnani at number 20,
- Palazzo Malvezzi Campeggi at number 22,
- Palazzo Paleotti at number 25,
- Palazzo Poggi at number 33,
- Palazzo Gotti at number 34,
Inside Palazzo Poggi, headquarters of the University are also interesting museums space:
- Museo di Mineralogia L. Bombicci.
- Museo della Specola.
- Museo di Palazzo Poggi.
- Museo Geologico G. Cappellini.
In addition to the university complex via Zamboni also hosts major religious buildings:
- la Chiesa S. Donato, at number 10
- la Basilica di San Giacomo Maggiore, at number 20
- la chiesa di Santa Maria Maddalena, at number 47
For a stop outside are also present various squares, always animated:
- Piazza di Porta Ravegnana
- Piazzetta San Donato (antistante la chiesa sconsacrata di San Donato che ha dato il nome alla via)
- Piazza Rossini
- Piazza Verdi
- Largo Respighi
- Largo Alfredo Trombetti
- Piazza Puntoni
- Piazza di Porta San Donato (in corrispondenza dell'intersezione con i Viali di Circonvallazione), dove ha termine la via stessa.